Gluten Free Pie Crust
Finding the right gluten free pie dough to make that perfect pie crust for your favorite cherry pie is hard. Using Ella Bella Gluten Free AP flour makes it much easier. Our flour blend tastes like wheat flour, but contains none of the gluten! Bring out all your favorite recipes that you have not been to enjoy for years.
- 2 cups (10.5 oz) Ella Bella Gluten Free flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp psyllium husk
- 2/3 cups and 2 tbsp (5.25 oz) Crisco butter flavored*
- 5-9 tbsp iced water
- Mix flour, salt, and psyllium husk. Add Crisco until crumbly. Add iced water until it all sticks together.
- Let sit for 1-2 hours. This step is not necessary, but very helpful. Cut dough in half. Roll out dough between parchment paper or plastic wrap. Place dough in pie pan. Roll out second half if needed or freeze until you need another pie crust.
- *Note on Crisco. Yes, Crisco. Really. I have tried butter, all-natural shortening, vegan butter, cream cheese, or a mix there of. Crisco tastes the best, however the other items will work.
- Adapted slightly from a family recipe; Adelaide (Miller) Hogan/Ann (Miller) Bach