Wonderful scones to warm up you up on chilly winter days.
- 4 cups + 1/4 cup Ella Bella Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup Organic Sugar plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp Grated Orange Zest
- 12 oz Cold Organic Butter
- 4 Local Eggs
- 1 cup Heavy Cream or Milk
- 1 cup Dried Organic Cranberries
- 1 Egg Beaten for egg wash
- 1/2 cup Organic Powdered Sugar
- 4 tsp Organic Orange Juice
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix 4 cups of flour, 1/4 cup sugar, the baking powder, salt and orange zest. Add the cold butter and mix at the lowest speed until the butter is the size of peas. With the mixer on low speed add heavy cream, then eggs one at a time . Mix until just blended. The dough will look lumpy, and that is just right. Combine the dried cranberries and 1/4 cup of flour, add to the dough, and mix on low speed until just blended.
Using an ice cream scope, fill, and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Fill pan 3 across and 4 down.
- Brush the tops of the scones with egg wash, sprinkle with sugar, and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the tops are browned and the insides are fully baked. The scones will be firm to the touch. Allow the scones to cool for 15 minutes and then whisk together the confectioners' sugar and orange juice, and drizzle over the scones.
Adapted from Ina Garten.