These gluten free brownies are oh so easy to make, yes really, and fudgy, and delicious. If you can’t find dutch cocoa use what you can find. However, do use the organic cane and dark brown sugar. The organic sugars larger crystals make a difference in the crunch of the taste, as well as the pure taste of the sugar.
Every time I bring these Gluten Free Brownies to an event they are gone; people do not even realize they are gluten free. Remember I had to make a product my daughter could eat and my husband would eat. This was one of the early recipes I tested on my family and coworkers. They all love it. I am sure it will be a crowd pleasure with your crowd as well.
- 3/4 cup (7 oz) organic cane sugar
- 1 cup (7.5 oz) organic dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (8 oz) melted butter
- 1 tbls vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (4.75 oz) Dutch cocoa
- 1/3 cup (2.75 oz) EB AP flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (6.5 oz) mini-choco chips
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- In the large bowl of you stand mixer blend butter, sugar, and vanilla together until creamy, this will take some time. It will not be light in color because of the dark brown sugar. In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients together; cocoa, flour, salt. Add dry ingredients to bowl of the stand mixer. Blend until combined, it will be a little chunky. Mix in eggs. Blend on medium-high for 3-5 min. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into a greased and floured pan and bake for 60 minutes.
Adopted from Alton Brown’s Cocoa Brownies