Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies – The cookie that started it all. Really. I wanted to make a chocolate chip cookie that my daughter could eat and my husband would eat. I grew up on homemade cookies and I wanted to be able to do to the same for my kids. After we found out out daughter was gluten intolerant I wasn’t sure I would be able to make a great gluten free chocolate chip cookie from scratch.
After tasting may of the pre-baked options on the market and finding them disappointing,dry, and expensive. And trying the flour blends on the market and finding them very dry and gritty. I came up with a flour blend that not only tasted good for cookies, it worked for brownies, cakes, and many other cooking and baking items. Then I found out another great little tid-bit, it didn’t spick the glycemic index for diabetics because of the protein and fiber content. Wow. Who knew a gluten free chocolate chip cookie could lead to all of this!
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter – room temp
- 1 cup (7.5 oz) organic dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (3.75 oz) organic white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups (11.5 oz) Ella Bella AP Flour Blend
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 eggs (local)
- 3 cups (18.5 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I like mini chips best)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the large bowl of you stand mixer blend butter, sugar, and vanilla together until creamy, this will take some time. It will not be light in color because of the dark brown sugar. In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients together; flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt. Add dry ingredients to bowl of the stand mixer. Blend until combined, it will be a little chunky. Add in eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Mix on medium-high for 1-2 minutes until creamy and looking like cookie dough. Add in chocolate chips, mix on low until chips are just combined.
- Using 2 tbls scoop (size 24) drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for 12-14 min, cookies should be slightly brown and slightly raised. Cool for 5 min on sheet, cookies will fall a little bit, move to cooling rack. If you can, let them cool completely before enjoying.
Yields about 3 dozen cookies.