A great way to use ground beef or ground turkey for a hearty dinner that is easy to make.
The last time I made this my oldest, who is almost 15 said “Great! That is my favorite!” My 5 year old loves the meat and the noodles.
If there are leftovers they are great for lunches.
Instant Pot: If you have an IP and want to use it instead of a crock pot; follow directions for cooking. Add everything to the IP push soup button, let cook. Quick Release, add noodles, cook for another 5-10 min.
Crock Pot Lasagna Soup
- 1.5 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 24 oz. jar Marinara Sauce
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 14 oz. can can crushed tomatoes*
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 10 uncooked gluten free lasagna noodles broken into approx. 1-2 inch pieces
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- freshly finely grated Parmesan cheese
- ricotta cheese
- Heat cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add beef and onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beef is browned. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and saute for 30 seconds. Drain off any excess fat.
- In crock pot add ground beef mix, marinara sauce, chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, sugar, spices.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 2-4 hours.
- ½ to an 1 hour before eating add noodles and stir.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish individual servings with desired amount of cheeses.
Double this recipe so there are lots of leftovers. We will either have it for dinner later in the week or freeze it. *I also like to added tomatoes I have dehydrated at the end of summer. The tomatoes give it a fresh taste that bring back the warm weather.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time 4-8: hours
© 2018 Ella Bella Gluten Free