I have been making these scones for years. They are easy to throw together with any dried fruit or chocolate chips. My family loves blueberries, and we happened to have them in the house for Easter. I thought it would be a great treat for Easter brunch.
- 4 cups (1.37 pounds) Ella Bella AP Flour Blend
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) Organic Sugar, plus more for sprinkling.
- 2 Tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 pounds (3 sticks) cold butter – cut into 1 Tbsp pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) milk
- 1 cup (8 oz) dried blueberries (or other fruit)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the large bowl of your stand mixer blend flour, sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Add in butter one tablespoon at a time. Mix until small pea-sized clumps form. Because it is gluten free dough you do not have to worry about over mixing the dough, nice to have a perk of working with gluten free flour.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a separate bowl. With the mixer on low speed slowly add the liquid to the bowl. dough will become sticky.
- Add in dried blueberries.
- Using ice cream scoop drop dough onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the dough balls with sugar.
- Bake for 22-25 min until the scones are golden brown.
Yields about 12-14 scones.
Adapted from Barefoot Contessa Recipe.