These cookies can be made dairy free very easily but swapping the butter for coconut oil or other substitute. If you or your baby cannot do eggs, they can be omitted. The cookie will just be a little more crumbly, but just as tasty!
I like to use Guittard chocolage chips as they are soy free.
- 1 cup (8 oz) butter (or substitute) – room temp
- 1 cup (7.5 oz) organic dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups (10.5 oz) Ella Bella AP Flour Blend
- 1 1/4 cups (9 oz) gluten free quick oats
- .5 oz flaxseed meal
- 2 tbls gluten free brewers yeast
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs (local)
- 1 cup (8 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In the large bowl of you stand mixer blend butter, sugar, and vanilla together until creamy, this will take some time. It will not be light in color because of the dark brown sugar. In a separate bowl add all dry ingredients together; flour, oats, brewers yeast, flaxseed meal, baking soda, salt. Add dry ingredients to bowl of the stand mixer. Blend until combined, it will be a little chunky. Add in eggs one at a time, blending after each addition. Mix on medium-high for 1-2 minutes until it comes together. Add in chocolate chips, mix on low until chips are just combined.
- Using 2 tbls scoop (size 24) drop onto cookie sheet. Bake for 8-12 min. Cool for 5 min on sheet, cookies will not fall if you want, you can use the back of a spoon to press cookies down. If you can, let them cool completely before enjoying.
Yields about 3 dozen cookies.
Adapted from Epicurious.