Prime peach season is here and I couldn’t resist making some cobbler. Using any fresh fruit will taste delicious. I had a few extra blueberries so I sprinkled them on top of the peaches.
- 4 cups sliced ripe peaches (or any fresh fruit)
- 1/3 cup (2.75 oz) organic white sugar plus 3 tbsp
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1.5 cups (8.25 oz) Ella Bella All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup (2.75 oz) butter or butter substitute
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk or milk substitute
Preheat oven to 400 °F and butter a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish
- Place peaches in the baking dish. Sprinkle with 1/3 cups of sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and almond extract.
- Bake for 20 min.
- Combine flour, 1 tbsp sugar, and salt in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add in egg and milk, and mix until combined.
- Remove peaches from the over. Drop large spoonfuls of dough onto the peaches. Sprinkle with the remaining 2 tbls of sugar.
- Return to oven for 20-23 min, until top is firm and golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Makes 12 large squares
Adapted from The Silver Palate Cookbook