I’m finally writing down my favorite gluten free, super easy pizza crust recipe. I discovered it after talking to a coworker that was doing Weight Watchers and watching all the points. I do care about eating well and healthy, it is ease and simplicity really matter most with my family of 5. So when she mentioned the crust recipe was only 2 ingredients, I was intrigued!
Equal parts flour and greek yogurt. Yep, that’s it. Easy right.
For a personal pizza:
- 1/2 cup (2.75 oz) EB AP Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup (2.75 oz) Greek Yogurt
For the recipe in the video:
- 1 pound 9 oz EB AP Gluten Free Flour
- 1 pound 9 oz Greek Yogurt
- and a bit of water to get it to all stick together (may or may not be needed)
I wanted to recreate breadsticks I loved while in college at Bowling Green State University, go Falcons! I marinated 2 chicken breasts in a garlic seasoning for, well longer than I anticipated. It was going to be several hours and it turned into several days because, ah well, life, global pandemic, 3 kids at home, running a small business. Well, we’ll just go with life.
The breadsticks were great. Very tasty and flavorful. However, they are time consuming, and as I mentioned I like simple. So after 4 breadsticks I switched to a pizza crust. Just as flavorful and reminded my husband and I of our college days but oh so much more simple.
Breadsticks a la Polleye’s in Bowling Green, Ohio.
- Preheat oven to 425
- Roll out dough into a rectangle – I’m not so good at this
- cut into half
- fill with grilled chicken (4-6 pieces)
- fill with mozzarella cheese
- paint edges with melted butter and garlic seasoning
- fold in half
- brush top with melted butter and garlic seasoning
- Cook for 20-25 min
Pizza a al Pisanello’s in Bowling Green, Ohio
- Preheat oven to 425
- Roll out dough into a rectangle. I had enough to fill a 1/2 sheet pan. Use a fork to poke holes in it.
- Par-bake for 10-11 min. This means to give it a head start, cooking it almost all the way, but not quite.
- Add olive oil
- garlic seasoning
- grilled chicken
- fresh mozzarella (and other cheese you might have in the fridge)
Bake for 10-14 min until the cheese is melted and everything looks done