Our gluten free sugar cookies are a great base for spreading icing for any holiday occasion. What will you make for Valentine’s Day, Easter, Fourth of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas? Will you make a sugar-cookie house instead of a gingerbread one? The possibilities are only limited by your imagination!
I really like this recipe as it is not overly sweet, the cookies are more like a traditional short-bread cookie. Since the cookies are not so sweet it opens up the option for how to use the dough. What will you use the dough to create?
What will you make with the Gluten Free Sugar Cookie dough? I’d love to hear your ideas and creations. Please share on Facebook and Instagram.
Other ideas for Gluten Free Sugar Cookies Dough:
- fruit pizza
- Cheesecake crust
- base of lemon bars, just add the lemon zest
- 3 cups (16 oz) Ella Bella AP Flour Blend
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 oz) unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 cup (6.25 oz) organic cane sugar
- 1 egg (local)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Place butter and sugar in bowl of stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat until creamed. In a separate bowl add dry ingredients, EB AP flour, baking powder, salt, gradually add dry ingredients to wet on low speed, and beat until crumbly. Add Egg and milk. Blend on medium until all items are combined. Divide the dough in half, wrap in plastic wrap or waxed paper, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Roll out dough between two sheet of plastic wrap. Use your favorite cookie cutter to cut out shapes.
- Bake for 7-9 min or until cookies are starting to turn brown. Remove from oven. Let cool completely before icing/decorating.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.